Emergency stops rope pull switches for explosive atmospheres dust
A range of certified emergency stops rope pull switches for explosive atmospheres dust.
Discover our tutorial videos for Emergency safety rope switches Preventa XY2 for hazardous location dustWatch videos
Certified products, conforming to International standards and European Directive ATEX with IECEx and ATEX certifications.
- Emergency stops rope pull switches
A wide range of compact and robust emergency stops designed to operate in hazardous environments, mainly Dust zone 21 & 22.
What is an explosive atmosphere?
According to the Directive, it is the mixing with air, in atmospheric conditions, of flammable substances in the form of gas, vapour, mist or dust which, in the event of combustion, spreads throughout the non burning mix.
Dust explosions can originate from [but are not limited to]:
- Plants (bark, cork, cotton, wood, ...)
- Food (starch, sugar, flour, ...)
- Metal (aluminum, magnesium, ferroalloys, ...)
- Industrial materials (plastics, fabrics, powdered waste, paper, cardboard, ink...)
The industries affected by dust explosions
Listed below, in descending order of reported occurrences, are the industries affected by dust explosions
1. Industries whose processes generate dust:
- Mechanical woodworking
- Mechanical metal working
- Paper and cardboard industry
- Textile industry
- Coal power plants (lignite)
2. Food industries employing powdered ingredients:
- Manufacture of animal nutrition
3. Grain storage facilities:
- Cereals: wheat, barley, oats, rice, rye, corn
- Oilseeds: sunflower, rapeseed, soybean, cotton, palm
- Protein crops: peas, beans, lupins.