Safety switches, for hazardous location dust
A range of certified safety switches for explosive atmospheres dust.
Certified products for Machine safety conforming to International standards and European Directive ATEX
- Safety switches with IECEx and ATEX certifications.
- Coded magnetic switches with ATEX certification.
- Safety switches, a range robust safety switches designed to operate in hazardous environments dust zone 21 and 22.
- Coded magnetic switches a range compact coded magnetic switches designed to operate in hazardous environments dust zone 21 and 22 as well as zone 1 and 2.
What is an explosive atmosphere?
According to the Directive, it is the mixing with air, in atmospheric conditions, of flammable substances in the form of gas, vapour, mist or dust which, in the event of combustion, spreads throughout the non burning mix.
Dust explosions can originate from [but are not limited to]:
- Plants (bark, cork, cotton, wood, ...)
- Food (starch, sugar, flour, ...)
- Metal (aluminum, magnesium, ferroalloys, ...)
- Industrial materials (plastics, fabrics, powdered waste, paper, cardboard, ink...)
The industries affected by dust explosions
Listed below, in descending order of reported occurrences, are the industries affected by dust explosions
1. Industries whose processes generate dust:
- Mechanical woodworking
- Mechanical metal working
- Paper and cardboard industry
- Textile industry
- Coal power plants (lignite)
2. Food industries employing powdered ingredients:
- Manufacture of animal nutrition
3. Grain storage facilities:
- Cereals: wheat, barley, oats, rice, rye, corn
- Oilseeds: sunflower, rapeseed, soybean, cotton, palm
- Protein crops: peas, beans, lupins.